Getting a Merchant Account, accepting credit cards, and payment processing, in general, has been a significant challenge for those retailers in the cannabis industry for a variety of reasons.
Banks and processors have been slow to adapt to new legislation and laws that have allowed the legal sale of cannabis products in Canada and some states in the United States. We are proud to announce that Helcim is now able to provide our great payment solutions to businesses in the cannabis industry. That’s good news if you’re a cannabis retailer because you can now become a Helcim merchant and benefit from:
- Great Low Rates – Helcim is not a high-risk processor so we can offer the same great rates we offer the rest of our merchants
- Interchange Plus Pricing – The most honest and transparent pricing model in the business
- No Contract Cancelation Fees – We want you to stay because you want to stay
- Our Rate Lock Guarantee – We guarantee our Cost+ margin will not increase for the lifetime of your account
- Our Exceptional Customer Service – Our Helcim Gurus are constantly garnering praise for their dedication to transparency, customer education, and providing customer service that is a step above
- Helcim Commerce – Our fully-included, powerful all-in-one merchant platform which has product inventory management and tracking, integrated Point-of-Sale software, customer management, and much more!
Helcim’s Offering for Cannabis Businesses in Canada
On October 17th, 2018, Canada introduced the Cannabis Act which effectively legalized the sale and possession of cannabis in Canada. This has resulted in hundreds of new retail locations and opportunities for merchants to branch into a new industry that was previously off limits.
For Canadian cannabis retailers, because cannabis has been legalized at a federal level, Helcim is able to support licensed merchants who offer permitted cannabis/THC products. If you are a merchant who offers CBD, hemp, or other related products please contact the Helcim Gurus for additional information.
At this time, we are not able to provide merchant accounts to US retailers who sell cannabis, CBD, or THC related products, due to current US federal regulations.