Getting a Merchant Account, accepting credit cards, and payment processing, in general, has been a significant challenge for those retailers in the cannabis industry for a variety of reasons.
Banks and processors have been slow to adapt to new legislation and laws that have allowed the legal sale of cannabis products in Canada and some states in the United States. We are proud to announce that Helcim is now able to provide our great payment solutions to businesses in the cannabis industry. That’s good news if you’re a cannabis retailer because you can now become a Helcim merchant and benefit from:
- Great Low Rates – Helcim is not a high-risk processor so we can offer the same great rates we offer the rest of our merchants
- Cost+ Pricing – The most honest and transparent pricing model in the business
- No Contract Cancelation Fees – We want you to stay because you want to stay
- Our Rate Lock Guarantee – We guarantee our Cost+ margin will not increase for the lifetime of your account
- Our Exceptional Customer Service – Our Helcim Gurus are constantly garnering praise for their dedication to transparency, customer education, and providing customer service that is a step above
- Helcim Commerce – Our fully-included, powerful all-in-one merchant platform which has product inventory management and tracking, integrated Point-of-Sale software, customer management, and much more!
Helcim’s Offering for Cannabis Businesses in Canada
On October 17th, 2018, Canada introduced the Cannabis Act which effectively legalized the sale and possession of cannabis in Canada. This has resulted in hundreds of new retail locations and opportunities for merchants to branch into a new industry that was previously off limits.
For Canadian cannabis retailers, because cannabis has been legalized at a federal level, Helcim is able to fully support licensed merchants who offer CBD, hemp, and permitted cannabis/THC products.
Helcim’s Offering for Cannabis Businesses in the United States
In the United States, the sale of cannabis is still illegal at the federal level, but on November 6th, Michigan became the 10th state to legalize recreational marijuana at the state level, with more states expected to legalize in the coming years.
If you are a licensed US based merchant who only offers CBD or hemp products, you will be able to open a Helcim account and experience all the benefits of being a Helcim merchant. At this time, we are not able to provide merchant accounts to US retailers who sell cannabis or THC related products, due to the current US federal regulations.