Helcim is searching for a Junior Developer with a focus on network and systems security. Our systems developers are a unique and hybrid role, both developing code for cutting-edge security projects (including Machine Learning) and helping in the design and maintenance our network and server environments.
If you’re passionate about coding, security, networks and Linux, and enjoy working on numerous projects, this is the ideal role for you. Helcim is a fast-paced, high-demand company and team members must work well under pressure. This is a junior position; we train talented but less-experienced developers and help further their skill sets.
- Work under the Systems Manager, staying up-to-date on assigned projects in a Agile/Kanban workflow.
- Build smart and efficient code that works well within a service-based system architecture.
- Coordinate with other team members on larger projects, as well as making sure that all systems are communicating effectively.
- Ensure that coding standards are always implemented across all code.
- Perform system updates and install security patches; stay up-to-date with latest security standards and vulnerabilities.
- Assist in designing new system and network architectures.
- Assist security team with regular security scanning and reporting.
- Bachelor's or technical degree in computer programming, software engineering, computer science or object-oriented software development.
- Experience with linux. Work, school, and home usage is all valid.
- Experience with Object-Oriented-Programming languages, such as PHP, Java, C# or Python.
- Experience with distributed version control system, such as GIT.
- Experience with MySQL or other SQL database systems.
- Interest in the information security field.
- Interest in working with servers and networks.
Helcim is a payment processor that gives small and medium sized businesses a better way to accept debit and credit cards. Thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose Helcim for their payment needs because of our excellent customer service and innovative software solutions. We ranked number 98 on the Growth 500 list of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies, and we have big plans to redefine the payments industry. To accomplish this, we need a talented team of people who are passionate about working in fintech.
At Helcim, we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment, where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team, you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, company profit share, paid health benefits, stock options, and three weeks vacation time for your first year that increases to four weeks after your first anniversary. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled, then recharge and connect with your team members at regular company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that will encourage discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!
How to Apply
Please e-mail a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. Please address your cover letter to Helcim Human Resources.
Candidates must also be eligible to work in Canada.