Helcim is searching for a full-time Junior Linux System Administrator. We are looking for a very detail-oriented individual with a passion for information security. This is a junior position; we train talented but less-experienced administrators and help further their skill sets. Helcim is a fun, fast-paced, high-demand company and team members must work well under pressure and enjoy having a diverse to-do list.
- Preventative maintenance of existing servers
- Managing backup and recovery solutions
- Perform system updates and install security patches; stay up-to-date with latest security standards and vulnerabilities
- Develop and update documentation on various server and network systems
- Assist in designing new system and network architectures as system loads increase
- Assist security team with regular security scanning and reporting
- Assist development team with application testing and deployment
- Willingness to respond to emergencies during non-regular business hours should they arise
- Experience with Red Hat/CentOS Linux
- Experience in web-server configurations (Apache)
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP and DNS
- Knowledge of information security principles
- Knowledge of best security practices (OWASP) is an asset
- Networking experience (VPN/UTM Firewalls/Routers/Load Balancers) is an asset
- Basic script-language and database knowledge (php/sql) is an asset
Compensation, Benefits & Hours
Salary based on experience and education. Helcim offers paid health benefits and great vacation time. Full-time position in Calgary; 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com.