Helcim is searching for a full-time Junior Product Manager. As a Junior Product Manager you’ll work to drive your product from inception to success by continuously building your knowledge of users, market, competitors, technology, business and beyond. Helcim PMs yield compelling narratives, strategies and roadmaps that articulate ‘why build this’ to cross functional product teams, management and the company as a whole. Ultimately, Helcim Product Managers deliver features and a product that fully engages users and achieves product/market fit. They have an entrepreneurial mindset that pushes them to innovate among an ecosystem of dynamic inputs - delivering what the market needs when it needs it.
As an ideal candidate you love context – and love being the expert in a product’s customers, competition and marketing. You act to better understand technology and product theory. You’re driven to gain and share as much context as possible. You also realize that being a generalist and understanding marketing, development, quality assurance, user experience and other functions is incredibly valuable.
Helcim is a young, socially-responsible, positive, fast-paced company and team members must work well under pressure and enjoy having a diverse to-do list.
- Research, analyze and create strategies and user personas
- Build and apply knowledge of a product’s customers, competition and marketing
- Craft epics and stories based on comprehensive understanding of a product
- Bridge communication pathways between disciplines to deliver the best product at the right time
- Own the product backlog, ensuring it’s prioritized and delivering maximum value
- Collaborate with the product team ensuring alignment with the overarching company vision
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university or post-secondary institution
- Prior experience developing software
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of individuals and functionalities throughout an organization
- A very strong, demonstrated passion and aptitude for learning
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Enthusiasm for software and technologies
- Post-secondary education in software development or related field is considered an asset
Helcim is a payment processor that gives small and medium sized businesses a better way to accept debit and credit cards. Thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose Helcim for their payment needs because of our excellent customer service and innovative software solutions. We ranked number 91 on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top 400 Growing Companies, and we have big plans to redefine the payments industry. To accomplish this, we need a talented team of people who are passionate about working in fintech.
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, paid health benefits, stock options and generous vacation time. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!
How to Apply
Please e-mail a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to be considered. Please address your cover letter to Helcim Human Resources.
Candidates must also be eligible to work in Canada.