Helcim is searching for a Risk Analyst to join our Finance Team. We are looking for someone who enjoys working with numbers and data, has a curious mind, is confident in their abilities and embraces continual learning. The successful candidate will work to improve Helcim’s ability to identify and manage risk through various methodologies, including probability and trend analysis.
Helcim processes billions of dollars in payments each year for merchants across Canada and the US. The Risk Analyst will take a data driven approach to developing formulas and algorithms that will analyze payment data and effectively identify risks to our business and those of our customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Help implement and maintain Helcim’s Risk Framework.
- Analyzing large amounts of data to identify trends and anomalies.
- Monitoring industry developments and regulatory changes to identify emerging financial risks.
- Managing on-going trends, gaps and opportunities as it relates to risk & operation guidelines or processes.
- Collaborating with other departments to share skills and enhance the decision-making abilities of the entire Helcim team.
- Working closely with the Trust and Safety Team to identify and manage the risk of fraud.
- Partnering with the Helcim Development Team to enhance and strengthen fraud detection systems.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree with a focus in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Engineering or Physics from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Experience working in a finance or risk related role.
- Must have a “bigger picture” mindset.
- Financial Risk Management (FRM) Certification or equivalent experience.
- Skilled at writing SQL to query relational databases.
- Firm grasp of statistical coding languages such as R and Python.
- Ability to gather and interpret quantitative data for analysis.
- Previous experience calculating risk and outcomes based on available data.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to address issues and challenges effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, combined with strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in risk assessment planning, initiation, execution, and reporting.
Helcim is a payment processor that gives small and medium sized businesses a better way to accept debit and credit cards. Thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose Helcim for their payment needs because of our excellent customer service and innovative software solutions. We ranked number 98 on the Growth 500 list of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies, and we have big plans to redefine the payments industry. To accomplish this, we need a talented team of people who are passionate about working in fintech.
At Helcim, we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment, where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team, you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, company profit share, paid health benefits, stock options, and three weeks vacation time for your first year that increases to four weeks after your first anniversary. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled, then recharge and connect with your team members at regular company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that will encourage discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!
How to Apply
Please e-mail a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to be considered. Please address your cover letter to Helcim Human Resources.
Candidates must also be eligible to work in Canada.