Helcim is searching for a full-time Senior Web Design and Front-End Developer. We’re looking for a talented designer that has a strong design sense, an eye for user experience and the ability to transfer those designs to web-based applications.
Helcim is a young, socially-responsible, positive, fast-paced company and team members must work well under pressure and want to grow with us. This position is part of our re-imagined outreach strategy with the launch of our new platform.
- Supervise and manage web designers and front-end developers.
- Participate in company manager meetings as well as leadership sessions.
- Oversee design and front-end development projects through JIRA.
- Publishing code commits through the company’s version control system.
- Design mock-ups, web pages, corporate branding, print designs, marketing materials and other design work that compliments existing brand identities.
- Design user interfaces for complex systems, while maintaining fluid user experiences.
- Design print material for marketing campaigns, including coordination with print services.
- Develop HTML with latest search engine optimization standards.
- Building smart and responsive web pages that work across all devices and browsers.
- 3+ years of experience in web design.
- 3+ years of experience in front-end web development.
- 3+ years of experience in UX/UI design.
- Must have experience managing team members, distribution of work and the product lifecycles from design mock-ups to final production implementation.
- Experience designing mobile applications, including iOS and Android, for both tablets and phone interfaces.
- Must be able to develop from scratch (without stacks or CMS systems).
- Most be able to design interfaces from scratch (without bootstrap or existing design libraries).
- Must be proficient with the Adobe Photoshop.
- Must be proficient with the Adobe Illustrator and InDesign.
- Must be proficient with CSS and SASS (including GULP compiling).
- Must be proficient with PHP for front-end development.
- Experience with Ajax within a PHP environment.
- Experience with GIT distributed version control system, including SourceTree.
- Experience with JIRA project management tools.
- In-depth understanding of proper SEO HTML structure.
- In-depth understanding of cutting-edge web development (including CSS grids).
- High personal standard for quality of design and execution of work.
- Must hold diploma or certificate in Web Design or have equivalent experience.
- Education in art and design is an asset.
- Must provide a portfolio of professional design work. Portfolio must include web design, corporate branding, print design, user interfaces as well as mobile app (tablet and phone) interfaces.
Compensation, Benefits & Hours
Language of work is English. Salary of $67,000 - $70,000 per year including bonuses. Helcim offers group insurance benefits, great vacation time and lots of perks. Permanent and full-time position in Calgary at Suite 320, 5720 4th Street SE, Calgary, AB T2H 1K7; 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
To apply, please submit your application via email to email@example.com or via mail to: 5720 4th street SE, Calgary, AB, T2H 1K7
Must include cover letter, resume and detailed portfolio of prior design work as stated in qualifications.