Helcim is searching for a full-time Social Media Specialist. We’re looking for an energetic and outgoing person that just loves to engage with communities on social media, write with purpose, captivate an audience and leave a lasting impression.
Helcim is a young, socially-responsible, positive, fast-paced company and team members must work well under pressure and want to grow with us. This position is part of our re-imagined outreach strategy with the launch of our new platform.
- Primary role is to build and engage our audience through social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Medium, etc.
- Write content that brings value to our audience beyond just self-promotion. You are a story teller. Your goal is to give a meaningful voice to Helcim and connect with online communities.
- Create and distribute micro-content from the videos and imagery generated by the team.
- Crafting case studies and customer stories.
- Ongoing outreach to media outlets, reporters, influencers and bloggers.
- Ensuring all marketing messages are clear, correct and consistent with the Helcim identity and values.
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting on the success of social media programs, online campaigns and other initiatives.
- You live and breathe social media – you prefer DMs over emails.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing or Communications or a related field from an accredited university or post-secondary diploma or degree in business, electronic media or marketing.
- 1 to 2 years of related experience in online marketing and social media.
- Exceptional written communication.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere is an asset.
- Must provide portfolio of written work – either personal or professional.
- Must provide examples of prior social media campaigns or efforts.
Compensation, Benefits & Hours
Salary based on experience and education. Helcim offers paid health benefits, great vacation time and lots of perks. Full-time position in Calgary; 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolios by email to email@example.com.