Helcim is searching for an experienced UI/UX Designer to join our Design team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing functional, easy to use software for our merchants.
The UI/UX Designer will work within the design team while collaborating with cross-functional business groups including Product Managers, Engineers and QAs. The ideal candidate is passionate about design and technology and would describe themselves as detail oriented and highly motivated. We are looking for someone who wants to continually expand their skills and welcomes feedback to improve their final designs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Creating wireframes and early-stage prototypes to enhance and improve current products and features
- Applying critical thinking to improve existing user experience flows
- Utilizing conversion funnels and A/B testing to improve business success through marketing.
- Helping to refine and maintain the Helcim Design System
- Segmenting users and building customer profiles
- Consulting with UX engineers for design implementation
- Delivering highly effective design solutions by following a user-centered process
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years experience in a UI/UX Design role or related position
- Previous experience with interaction design, visual design, and prototyping
- Firm grasp of how to develop and work within design systems and patterns
- Ability to develop SQL queries or willingness to learn
- Strong understanding of the standards and limitations of Web Design
- Must have a “user experience” mindset
- Ability to manage time effectively without compromising product quality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, combined with strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of CSS/SCSS markup language
- Experience designing complex or enterprise-level software
Helcim is a payment processor that gives small and medium sized businesses a better way to accept debit and credit cards. Thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose Helcim for their payment needs because of our excellent customer service and innovative software solutions. We ranked number 91 on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top 400 Growing Companies, and we have big plans to redefine the payments industry. To accomplish this, we need a talented team of people who are passionate about working in fintech.
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, paid health benefits, stock options and generous vacation time. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!
How to Apply
Please e-mail a copy of your cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. Please address your cover letter to Helcim Human Resources.
Candidates must also be eligible to work in Canada.