Helcim is searching for a full-time Junior Quality Assurance Specialist.
As a Junior QA Specialist you’ll strive to understand our dynamic and diverse projects from the perspectives of our customers, using that insight to design and execute meaningful testing for our web platforms and mobile apps. You’ll be a vital piece of the growing Helcim Development Team – working alongside developers and product managers to deliver robust software.
As an ideal candidate you’re very detail-oriented, have a knack for finding issues and bugs, and have effective communication skills and strategies. You’re enthusiastic about understanding our business and learning new skills that enhance Helcim’s ability to create better experiences for our customers. You’re excited to pick-up new technological and organizational concepts, growing your knowledge together with the Development Team.
Helcim is a young, socially-responsible, positive, fast-paced company and team members must work well under pressure and enjoy having a diverse to-do list.
- Design, develop, execute and maintain QA test plans and cases
- Document and communicate discovered defects with developers and stakeholders
- Enhance software quality through testing and advocacy of best practices
- Communicate with developers and stakeholders on discovered defects
- Collaborate with intermediate and senior QA team members to deliver cohesive test plans
- Build on and grow test automation skills – be part of our journey with automation!
- Monitor bugs and customer feedback - provide insights on how to improve functionality and participate in product development discussions
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university or post-secondary institution
- Critical thinker and detail-oriented
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong time-management skills
- Knowledge of Agile software development cycle
- A strong interest and aptitude for learning software and technologies
- An interest in learning software and technologies
- Ability to work with a wide range of individuals throughout the organization
Helcim is a payment processor that gives small and medium sized businesses a better way to accept debit and credit cards. Thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose Helcim for their payment needs because of our excellent customer service and innovative software solutions. We ranked number 98 on the Growth 500 list of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies, and we have big plans to redefine the payments industry. To accomplish this we need a talented team of people who are passionate about working in fintech.
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, paid health benefits, stock options and generous vacation time. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that will encourage discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!
How to Apply
Please e-mail a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. Please address your cover letter to Helcim Human Resources.
Candidates must also be eligible to work in Canada.