Do you want to have variety in your work, know about many of the things going on at Helcim and help us keep everything running? Helcim is looking for a detail oriented, natural multi-tasker and critical thinker to take on the role of our Office Administrator. There is no job too small or too big for you, and you take pride in a job well done. Better yet, you derive even greater satisfaction from improving processes and enhancing efficiency in your duties and for the whole company. Operational excellence is your thing! You will be an important part in much of our day to day operations and often the first face someone sees when coming to Helcim - so you’ll need to be friendly, reliable, and able to keep a tempo. If you enjoy a busy day, people, solving problems and strive for continuous improvement, we have the role for you.
- Completing general office duties and operations, including overseeing reception and data entry
- Working with company suppliers and vendors for a wide variety of office needs
- Logistics - entering orders, arranging package shipments, scheduling deliveries, pickups and collections as required
- Maintaining our work environment, including arranging office maintenance, working with our landlord, watering plants and organizing staff spaces such as the stationary room and staff lounge
- Helping to organize company events, including ordering catering and arranging for event space if required
- Arranging travel plans, including flight, hotel, and car rental reservations
- And more - adaptability is key for a company that is continually changing
- 2+ years of experience in an administrative role, as an office manager, or in a similar position
- Post-secondary education in business, office admin or related field is considered an asset
- Proficient with G Suite (Gmail, GDocs, GSheets, etc)
- Ability to multitask, such as answering phone calls, greeting guests, etc.
- Must have the ability to pick up new tasks quickly and follow directions easily
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, combined with strong interpersonal skills
- Must enjoy working to music and can focus in an open work environment
Helcim is a payment processor that gives small and medium sized businesses a better way to accept debit and credit cards. Thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose Helcim for their payment needs because of our excellent customer service and innovative software solutions. We ranked number 91 on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top 400 Growing Companies, and we have big plans to redefine the payments industry. To accomplish this, we need a talented team of people who are passionate about working in fintech.
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, paid health benefits, stock options and generous vacation time. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!
How to Apply
Please e-mail a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. Please address your cover letter to Helcim Human Resources.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.