Helcim is looking for a Risk Analyst to join our Trust and Safety team. As a Trust and Safety Analyst, you will take a proactive approach in reviewing accounts to prevent fraud as well as analyze potential risk. As an ideal candidate, you are empathetic and understanding of merchants and applicants while using excellent judgement. You have a curious mind, enjoy working in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment and embrace continual learning - constant evolution is required in order to stay ahead of changing risks. If you want to use your critical thinking and analytical skills to protect our customers and thwart the bad guys, this could be the job for you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review and monitor account data in search of indicators of risk and fraud
- Guide our customers through various Trust and Safety related processes
- Work closely with your Trust and Safety teammates to help improve best practices for fraud prevention and pattern awareness
- Work with the Development team to improve both manual and automated risk detection processes and procedures
- Contribute to a company wide understanding of fraud and risk
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary education in risk-related field or equivalent work experience
- Prior customer service experience
- Willingness to go above and beyond to understand special cases while using best judgement
- Empathetic approach to handling accounts and working with our customers
- Strong analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to address complex problems, issues and challenges effectively
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, combined with strong interpersonal skills
- Risk analysis experience with a financial services company
- Prior experience with investigative work, payments, risk, financial industry or anti-money laundering
- Ability to read and understand business financial statements and/or experience in commercial underwriting
Helcim is a payment processor that gives small and medium sized businesses a better way to accept debit and credit cards. Thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose Helcim for their payment needs because of our excellent customer service and innovative software solutions. We ranked number 91 on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top 400 Growing Companies, and we have big plans to redefine the payments industry. To accomplish this, we need a talented team of people who are passionate about working in fintech.
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, paid health benefits, stock options and generous vacation time. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!
How to Apply
Please e-mail a copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. Please address your cover letter to Helcim Human Resources.
Candidates must also be eligible to work in Canada.